If you have heard of and are familiar with Ackermans stores, we can tell you that it may be a good fit for you to apply for a job at Ackermans.
Since 1916 in Cape Town, the company started with simple purposes, working steadily, where today it has reached the mark of more than 740 Ackermans stores in five countries.
Because of this expansion process, as well as the company’s new missions, the company is opening job openings for many positions. It is an opportunity for you to be part of a company that starts with award-winning quality products at unbeatable prices.
In this article we list all the important information about how to get a job at Ackermans. See the main vacancies, benefits, requirements and how to apply.
Main Skills Required for a Job at Ackermans
Without a doubt, one of them is the characteristics of the professionals who work in it. Here are some characteristics required for the job opening at Ackermans.
- Be flexible;
- Be proactive;
- Have good communication;
- Possess agility, resilience and energy;
- Be able to develop teamwork easily;
- Be dynamic in all activities carried out;
- It is necessary to have a great commitment to the company;
- Always focus on getting the best results within the company.
- Have a good relationship with colleagues and team members;
The main tip is to demonstrate as many of these characteristics as possible during the interview, as well as during the first few weeks of the company.
Main jobs Available at Ackermans
Each position demands requirements that are paramount and indispensable for those in the position. Therefore, we have selected some positions with the main requirements for you to understand:
1. Clerk: Inventory
For this job, the successful candidate will be responsible for reconciling inventory count information received from stores, carrier claims, and other inventory-related administrative tasks.
Here are some knowledge and skills required for this position:
- Basic transport/ logistics
- Knowledge of Inventory process
- Strong administration knowledge and ability
- Good knowledge of financial administration and basic accounting principles and their application (debits, credits, journals, reconciliations)
- Computer skills, intermediate to advanced Excel
- Communication skills (verbal and written)
- Interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team
- Attention to detail
- Above average numerical ability
- Deadline driven
- Analytical thinking
- Ability to work under pressure
- Able to deal with large volumes of work
2. Product Owner: Discoverability
In this role, you will work closely with our internal stakeholders to drive product discovery for our customer to purchase on and off site through social commerce.
Here are some knowledge and skills for this role:
- Knowledge of legal compliance
- Customer discovery and research
- Understanding of African digital market, customers and the online retail market
- Data Knowledge, data gathering and analysis, generating insights and execution
- Agile development and execution and an understanding of development methodologies
- Team collaboration skills
- Stakeholder management
- Innovative and solution-orientated?
- Ability to influence and engage across all levels of the business
- Strong analytics and a sound understanding of digital products
- Technology, design development, advanced digital product customer development
3. Product Planner
For this function, it is interesting people who have strong numerical, logical and proven analytical skills to be responsible for product planning as per company strategies.
Here are some knowledge and experience required for this role:
- Sound numerical skills
- Conflict resolution skills
- Seasonal & non-seasonal replenishments
- Interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Merchant skills & a sound commercial mentality
- Planning, organizing & time management skills
- Analytical thinking & logical problem-solving skills
- The SA retail clothing market, Customers and competitors
- The retail merchandise cycle with regard to Buying, Planning, Logistics and Stores
- Prior store planning experience
- Experience working in planning systems
- Previous store management experience (1 – 2 years)
- Experience in fashion, replenishment, and assortment planning
- A minimum of 2–3 years previous experience in product planning
- Previous exposure to general logistics and supply chain processes
- Experience in building seasonal assortment plans would be an advantage
- A working knowledge of the latest Microsoft packages (Word & Excel) is essential
4. DTP Operator
This position requires a confident, positive and resilient DTP operator who is able to conceptualize and execute the Visual Merchandising aspects of specific Ackermans projects in print and digital formats.
Here are some knowledge and skills for this role:
- Print design trends
- Booklet design and layout
- Visual Merchandising principals
- Project Management principals
- Adobe InDesign, Photoshop & Illustrator
- Sketch up
- 3D rendering
- Microsoft Office
- Project Management
- Planning, organising & time management skills
- Communication skills (written and verbal)
- Highly detail-orientated and accurate
- A strong sense of customer focus
The ability to:
- Problem solve
- Be proactive and use one’s own initiative
5. Campaign Specialist
Here we have a rather important, growing role within Ackermans, a campaign specialist responsible for driving the implementation of direct marketing portfolios and the integration of campaign messages into digital channels.
Here are some knowledge, skills and experience required for this role:
- Knowledge of retail marketing principals
- Customer data and basic data management principals
- Knowledge of campaign / project management principals
- Numerical and analytical skills
- Meticulous and attention to detail
- Confidence in ability, strong interpersonal, communication and project management skills
- Experience in campaign or project management
- Experience in Adobe Campaign manager or similar tool and/or HTML
- A minimum of 3 years’ relevant experience gained in a direct marketing / CRM environment.
Main Benefits of job at Ackermans
In addition, the job at Ackermans is amazing for many benefits. Besides the monthly payment and the possibility to get other interesting ones. Take a look at some of them below:
- Paid time off
- Paid Vacation
- Flexible scheduling
- Tuition Assistance
- Educational assistance
- Healthcare coverage
- 401(k) retirement plans
- Career Development Opportunities
- Cost reductions on both used and new cars
How to Apply for a job at Ackermans
The application process can be done online, simply and quickly. Follow the step-by-step below:
- Tap here to be directed to the Ackerman Career Portal;
- View available jobs and select the best positions that fit your qualifications;
- Check all requirements and download the job application form;
- Fill out the application form and attach the required documents;
- Finally, submit the form on the Career Portal or on the e-mail ID.
That’s it! Just wait for Ackermans to get back to you.